Whenever we talk about Galaxy S3, we can expect the great things coming from the developers. Galaxy S3 is still a best choice to make from, the device sports a stunning 4.8 inches screen, Samsung’s first device to debut a Quad Core CPU and a RAM of 1 GB plugged inside. Galaxy S3 ran on Android 4.0.4 ICS out of the box and Samsung has update the device to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for now and KitKat has yet to come. But who cares for official updates when the device is receiving loads of custom ROMs to add charm to it’s functionality.
Well, something similar we’ve found for Galaxy S3 owners today. You can update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using Resurrection Remix v5.0 custom ROM. According to the developer, the ROM is quite stable and fast. Based on CyanogenMod, OmniROM, Paranoid Android ROM and Remix ROM builds, this combination enhances the performance of this ROM. In the following post we’ll be installing Resurrection Remix ROM on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. In case you were looking for it, you got to move a little ahead with us step by step.
Here are some important instructions and pre-requisites before you install this ROM:
- This ROM works for all the variants of the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model under settings > About device > Model.
- Your device must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the installation process.
- It is highly recommended that you make a nandroid backup of your device using a custom recovery. This is handy in case something goes wrong and you want to get your older system back immediately.
- Use the OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and Phone.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as you may have to go through data wipes during installation process. Here are the backup procedures.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Your device must have a CWM or TWRP Recovery installed. Follow the full guide here to install one.
- Once installed TWRP or CWM, don’t forget to make a nandroid backup using the backup options in the custom recovery. This is highly recommended in case something goes wrong and you need to go back to the previous working state of your system immediately.
- Make sure that you read all the important instructions carefully. Once done, you may go ahead.
Alright. Make sure that you followed all the instructions carefully and let’s move forward to the 2nd page for ROM installation.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2