Huawei U8860 is not getting update of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but fear not, Team CM is always there is for all those people who wants to Update their devices to Android 4.1 or above but can’t because the company is not releasing anymore updates for the device. In this article we will tell you how to Update your Huawei U8860 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware.
First of all you need to Root your device on Android 4.0 ICS, in order to do that you must Follow this link:
Search Google to install any Custom recovery on your device then you will be ready to install Android 4.1.2 CM10 ROM on your Huawei U8860. Please read the whole tutorial before doing it on your device and make sure to follow every step carefully, otherwise you might damage our device.
Let’s head towards our guide and learn how to Update Huawei U8860 To Android 4.1.2.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Before we begin, make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs& Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
How To Update Huawei U8860 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware.
- Download Android 4.1.2 CyanogenMod 10 ROM and Google Apps for Huawei U8860 Honor to your computer.
- Connect your Huawei U8860 to PC using the Original USB cable and copy the downloaded content to your device. Make sure to copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Turn Off the Phone.
- Now get into the Bootloader Mode. Press and Hold Volume Up + Power Buttons.
- Follow the instructions and select Bootloader and Select Recovery from Bootloader.
- In Recovery, select Wipe data/Factory reset. Then select ‘Flash zip from sd card’.
- Select ‘Choose zip from sd card’.
- Navigate to Android 4.1 zip file and select it by pressing the power button.
- Confirm the installation on next screen and wait for it to complete.
- After installation, go back and select ‘Reboot System now’. It will take up to five minutes for the first run so please be patient.