Another Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat update is now available for Google Play Edition of HTC One M8, HTC One M8 GPe is the collaborative work of both Google and HTC, to give users a Stock Android experience with the hardware power from HTC. HTC One M8 was released in March 2014, after seeing the success of HTC One M7, its predecessor. HTC One M8 is packed with Superb Snapdragon 801 Quad-Core 2.3 GHz Krait Processor, Adreno 330 for out class gaming, Dual LED Camera, Gorilla Glass with Full HD Display, Android 4.4.2 our of the Box, BT 4.0, LTE Support, HTC Boom Audio and much more.
The OEM has released the Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat OTA update for this device, while many of you have already installed it, more are still waiting in the line to receive it. However, since this update was released just a day ago, it will take a lot of time to reach all the regions, sometimes up to 6-months. But no need to worry, as we are here to solve your problem, XDA Member oldblue910 has extracted the OTA update and published on his thread, the procedure is very easy and we will show you how to update your HTC One M8 GPe To Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat OTA Update.
But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC One M8
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
- Fastboot Must Be Configured: Link
- Your Device Must be Completely Stock with Stock Recovery Installed
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs, Updates and rooting your phone is highly custom which may result in bricking of your device,and it has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
HTC One M8 OTA Update: Link
- Download and Transfer the Zip file to the root of your Sdcard.
- Open Fastboot folder and Open Command windows there and Type: adb reboot recovery
- Once you see the Screen with Android Bot and Exclamation Mark, Press the Volume Up + Power Key to enter Recovery.
- Navigate to Apple Update form Phone Storage, and Select it.
- Choose the OTA Update file and Confirm the installation.
- The update will start and it will take some time to finish.
- Once Done Reboot system now