We are going to Update Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE T705 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using Odin3 in the following post. While this is an official firmware, you don’t really need to worry about anything. All you have to do is, you need to follow the instructions carefully and get it done flawlessly. Let’s go through the early preparations and then flash this firmware.
- This is only for Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE T705!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Backup EFS
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
How to Update Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE T705:
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers .
- Download and extract firmware file: Link
- Wipe your device completely in order to attain a neat installation.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy Tab S in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tar, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Wait for your device to reboot, as soon as it reboots check out the new firmware!
- That’s all!