Despite Samsung devices sucks in may ways, there is always one thing that keeps my attention towards them, since the flagship device is quite expensive to get at first, the Mini version of the same device is still in reach and you get to enjoy most of the features or sometimes all of the features of the Flagship device. The same was the case with Galaxy S4, along with that Flagship device Samsung also released the Galaxy S4 Mini. Moreover, like Galaxy S4 was released with an LTE variant, Galaxy S4 Mini was released with an LTE variant too and in some countries it was sold more than the International Variant.
The Updates for Galaxy S4 as well as Galaxy S4 Mini are still reeking and the manual downloads of these updates, all thanks to Sam Mobile, is still running as it was in the past.This update can be download via Samsung Kies, but my experience with Samsung Kies is way too bad, you can just check the OTA update, it will be there. But if it’s not, we have an even simple solution for you, download and flash it manually.
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 to Android 4.4.2 XXUCNH5 Kit-Kat Official Firmware. But before we begin, Make sure:
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is GT-I9195.
- Do-not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
- Back-Up All your Apps: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install It.
- Download Android 4.4.2 I9195XXUCNH5 for Galaxy S4 Mini to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
That’s it! Your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 has been updated to Android 4.4.2 XXUCNH5 Kit-Kat Firmware. Go to Settings > About To verify.
If You’re Upgrading from a Custom ROM:
If you are upgrading from a Custom ROM, you will most likely to stuck into bootloop. If this situation occurs. do the following:
- Go to Recovery. Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Up + Home button until you see some text on-screen,
- Navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Go Back and Select Wipe Cache.
- Select Reboot System Now.