Last time we published an Article about Monster$ ROM based on Android 4.4.2 for Galaxy Core I8260, today we have another article related to the Dual SIM version of this Device Galaxy Core Duos I8262. Samsung probably won’t release the Official Kit-Kat Firmware for this device, but this Kit-Cat ROM, don’t mistake the name, will give you the exact Android 4.4.2 Experience on your Core Duos as it gives on Nexus 5. The list of the Features will be listed below and the list is so long that you will be satisfied with this ROM within a minute. Follow the Whole Article to install Kit-Cat ROM on your Galaxy Core Duos, But if you don’t want to then You can Visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Galaxy Core Duos to Kit-Cat Android 4.4.2 by following our Tutorial.This is not an official release from Samsung, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Kit-Cat Android 4.4.2 On Galaxy Core Duos.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is GT-I8262
- Do-not try it on GT-I8260
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Features Of Android 4.4.2 Kit-Cat:
- Statusbar ★
- 1. New Kitkat gradient Statusbar
- 2. Kitkat look White / Black toogles
- 3. More TooglesBootAnimation ★
- Nexus 5 Kitkat Bootanimation
- Framework Mode ★
- New Style PLATLOGO
- White Text on settings
- Nexus 5 stock wallpaper
- New Lockscreenwallpaper
- Interface and Apps ★
- Nexus 5 stock google camera
- Aosp Messaging app with pop up
- Apollo Music Player
- Nexus 5 Calculator
- Sun Beam [ Google edition lwp ]
- Google Now
- Quick office By Google
- Themed Systemui
- Multiwindow support
- New Playstore
- Google Chrome default browser
- Base Monster rom b1 tweaks
- MISC MODZ
- 2] Deodexed / zipalligned (can be themed!)
- 3]Now no more cwm loop in thiz rom
- 4]Custom boot animation enable
- 5]Busybox support
- 6]Add-on support
- 7]Build prop tweakz added
- 8]Fast, smooth
- 9]Can play HD Games without 10]lag [reduced graphic lag]
- 11]Signal Tweaks
- 12]Less Ram usage Tweak
- 13]Call Voice Quality
- 14]Dalvik Tweaks
- 15]Launcher Tweakz
- 16]Media Tweaks
- 17]Clear imagez Tweaks
- 18]3G Tweaks
- 19]FasT Internet Speed Tweak
- 20]Fast Video Streaming
- 21]Battery Tweak
- 22]Wifi Tweak
- 23]-added adreno graphic booster
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install Kit-Cat ROM On Galaxy Core. But let me remind you again,Samsung Kies will now Detect your Phone. If you ever want to Go Back to the Official ROM and ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
- Download Android 4.4.2 Kit-Cat ROM: Link
- No Google Apps Required as this ROM will automatically install them.
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4.2 Kit-Cat ROM.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.4.2 Kit-Cat ROM , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your Galaxy Core Duos I8262 will be running Android 4.4.2 Kit-Cat ROM.Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.