Here is the guide to perform Samsung Galaxy Note 10 hard reset, enter download mode, recovery mode, safe mode, enable USB Debugging, OEM Unlocking & more.
Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus are the two best flagship devices at the moment. The South Korean giant has once again managed to impress masses with the new devices. Note 10 and Note 10+ have a lot of industry-altering features. Samsung has indeed given a new challenge to all the phone makers out there to take innovation to a whole new level.
Note 10 and Note 10 Plus have started making it to the users today. The phones have been released in over 70 countries today. The moment Galaxy Note 10 owners got their hands on the devices, they started experimenting too. As a matter of fact, the Note 10+ has already been rooted by Dr. Ketan.
If you are a power user who can’t keep himself from unleashing the real potential of the device, you’re gonna have to master all the modes. Even if you’re not an advanced Android user, you still need to learn certain things about your phone.
Down below, I have listed the most important modes of the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. You will keep encountering the need for using one of these modes in your day-to-day use. These modes include the Galaxy Note 10 Download Mode, Recovery Mode, Hard Reset & Factory Reset, Safe Mode, USB Debugging, OEM Unlocking, and many other modes.
Take a look at all the steps one by one to learn about these features.
Update: I have added the video tutorials at the end of this post.
- 1 Turn on Power Button on Galaxy Note 10
- 2 Reboot Galaxy Note 10 into Recovery Mode
- 3 How to Hard Reset Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10 Plus
- 4 Factory Reset Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus
- 5 How to wipe cache partition of Galaxy Note 10
- 6 Reboot Galaxy Note 10/10+ into Download Mode without a computer
- 7 How to enter Galaxy Note 10 Safe Mode
- 8 How to enable Developer Options on Note 10
- 9 Enable USB Debugging Mode on Galaxy Note 10
- 10 Enable OEM Unlocking on Galaxy Note 10/10+
- 11 How to turn on Night Mode on Note 10
- 12 How to Take Screen Shot on Galaxy Note 10
- 13 Here is my video on how to Soft Reset, Hard Reset, Boot into the Download, Recovery Mode & Wipe cache on Note 10.
- 14 Video on how to take screenshots on Note 10
- 15 Here over 30 Tips & Tricks for the Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10 Plus
Turn on Power Button on Galaxy Note 10
- On the Note 10, pull down the notifications panel.
- Click on the Power button which is right next to the Settings icon.
- Now click on the Side Key settings.
- Set the Side key to Power menu.
- Your Side Key will act as Power button now.
Reboot Galaxy Note 10 into Recovery Mode
- Turn off Samsung Galaxy Note 10 completely.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Power button simultaneously for a few seconds.
- As the phone vibrates, let the keys go.
- You will see the phone boot into the recovery.
- Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10 Plus Recovery Mode will now show you all the options.
- In the recovery mode, you can use Volume Up & Down to move up/down and Power button to make a selection.
To get out of the recovery mode, simply select the “Reboot to system now” option, press Power button > select Yes and press Power button again.
How to Hard Reset Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10 Plus
- Reboot the Galaxy Note 10 into the Recovery Mode.
- Using the Volume Down button, highlight “wipe data/factory reset”.
- Press Power button to enter now.
- Use Volume Down to highlight “Yes” and press the Power button to wipe the data.
- After wiping the data, reboot to the system. Your phone will be hard reset and factory reset.
Factory Reset Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus
You can either use the Hard Reset method to factory reset or use the steps given below as well.
- On your Note 10 or 10 Plus, go to Settings > About Phone.
- Locate Reset option at the bottom of the screen and open it.
- Now click on “Factory data reset”.
- Read all the data contents that the Factory reset will wipe and scroll down to click on “Reset” again.
- The phone will ask for Pin or Password if you have set any.
- Enter the Pin/Password now to start the process.
- The data and settings will be wiped and your phone will restart on its own. That’s all.
How to wipe cache partition of Galaxy Note 10
- Reboot Galaxy Note 10/10+ into the Recovery Mode.
- Use Volume Down to select “wipe cache partition”.
- Press the Power button to enter.
- Press Volume Down to select Yes and Power button to wipe cache. That’s all.
Reboot Galaxy Note 10/10+ into Download Mode without a computer
- Reboot Galaxy Note 10 into the Recovery Mode.
- In the Recovery Mode, press Volume Down twice to select “Reboot to bootloader”.
- Now press the Power button to enter the bootloader.
- As the phone boots up and shows a warning, press Volume Up to continue.
- You will now see “Downloading” on the screen which means you are in the Download Mode. That’s it.
How to enter Galaxy Note 10 Safe Mode
- Turn off the Galaxy Note 10/10+ completely.
- Now turn on the phone.
- As soon as the phone vibrates and shows you Samsung animation, press and hold the Volume Down button.
- Keep the key pressed until you see the home screen.
- As you enter the home screen, let the key go.
- You will now find “Safe Mode” watermark on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- All the third-party apps are now disabled.
To get out of the Safe Mode, just reboot the phone.
How to enable Developer Options on Note 10
- On the Note 10, go to Settings > About phone > Software Information.
- Tap the Build number for 7 times to activate the Developer Options.
- The Developer Options will appear below About phone in the settings now. That’s all.
Enable USB Debugging Mode on Galaxy Note 10
- Open Settings on the Note 10/10+.
- Scroll all the way down and open Developer Options.
- The 14th option in the Developer Options is the USB Debugging. It is the first option under “Debugging”.
- Tap the toggle next to USB debugging to turn it on. That’s it.
Enable OEM Unlocking on Galaxy Note 10/10+
- On the Note 10 phone, go to Settings > Developer Options.
- The 6th option in the Developer Options is OEM Unlocking.
- Tap the toggle next to OEM Unlocking to turn it on.
How to turn on Night Mode on Note 10
- Pull down the notifications panel on the Note 10.
- Expand the notifications panel now.
- Go to the 2nd screen of quick toggles.
- The last option on the 2nd screen of quick toggles is Night Mode.
- Tap the Night Mode button to turn it on. The same button will turn it off too.
How to Take Screen Shot on Galaxy Note 10
- Open any page whose screenshot you want to capture.
- Press the Power and Volume Down button at the same time to capture screen.
- Captured screenshots will go into the Screenshots folder in Gallery.
- Alternatively, you can swipe your palm on the screen to capture.
- To capture a scrolling screenshot, you must open a compatible page that is lengthy. Capture the screenshot and press the scroll down button take a scrolling screenshot. That’s all.
Here is my video on how to Soft Reset, Hard Reset, Boot into the Download, Recovery Mode & Wipe cache on Note 10.
Video on how to take screenshots on Note 10
Here over 30 Tips & Tricks for the Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10 Plus
That’s all with the quick Galaxy Note 10 and 10 Plus tips. I hope you guys found this guide useful. If you have anything to add to this guide, feel free to drop it in the comments below.