One of the worst things about modern smartphones is that they are forgotten easily, especially when the specs are not high-end and if the device doesn’t have enough support. Developers are playing an important role in keeping the forgotten and ignored devices alive. LG G Vista, which was only available for the Verizon carrier, is one of such devices. This device is not a GSM, it is just a CDMA device. Despite being announced in 2104, this device has been ignored and most of us don’t even know that it exists. However, there are some who love to play with such devices, and because of them this LG G Vista is receiving the rooting method, which is quite simple and easy.
XDA member, dscutta, has announced this method at XDA and now we are here providing you the complete explanation on how to root it. On the Specs side, LG G Vista, features an HD Display with 5.7-inch screen size, with 1.5GB of RAM and 8GB internal memory, 8MP rear and 1.3MP front camera, Quad-Core 1.2 GHz and running Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat out-of-the-box. Only if this device was released international and had the GSM support, it might have been able to make it to the top, but since it’s CDMA, not only it is cheap but also hidden from a lot of people. Rooting allows you to get full control over your device. Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods give you better support and great battery life. You might want to delete some Stock apps from the device and a non-rooted device can’t do that, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too. In this article,we will show you How to Root Verizon LG G Vista VS880.
1. This is only for LG G Vista VS880!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is LGE in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How to Root LG G Vista:
- First Format your external SD card to EXT2 or EXT4 partition, use a separate SD card if you don’t want to loose your data.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy the update.zip to the root of your Sdcard.
- Open Commnad prompt in fastboot folder, and type: adb reboot recovery
- In recovery, Highlight apply update from external SDcard
- Select it and confirm it.
- The process will start and it will take a little time to root your device.
- After the reboot, Check the Super SU app or use any Root checker app to verify