Own a Xiaomi device, want to remove bloatware from Xiaomi Device? You’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll tell you how to Remove Bloatware From Xiaomi Devices without any root. We’ve found pretty simple workarounds to which will let you remove the stock apps or Bloatware from all the Xiaomi devices.
As you all know that Xiaomi is taking over the budget smartphones market. Moreover, we have seen Xiaomi devices have taken over in the Indian and Chinese market. This has given Xiamoi an edge over all the other smartphone manufacturers. There is no denying that Xiaomi is giving the best low priced phones with high-end specs.
However, the fact remains that like all the other manufacturers, Xiaomi also put a pile of pre-installed, Stock or you can say Bloatware. I hate that, about all the Android phones, putting stupid apps without any reason. Most of the time there is no use what so ever of all these apps. All they do is occupy free space, that we can use for many other purposes. Now let’s get started and tell you how you can Remove Bloatware From Xiaomi Device without Root.
What is Bloatware?
Manufacturers are in a race with each other nowadays and coming up with their smartphones loaded with tons of new features. Samsung is focusing more on the software and hardware features of the devices. Every time we receive a new flagship device from Samsung, it brings in new software features that add to the load the device handles at times.
HTC is trying its best to improve its Sense UI, while LG is focusing on making its phone’s display more attractive. Same goes for other manufacturers. While focusing on something else, device manufacturers literally forget the burden on the software that the phone can handle at a time.
Because of this, many users come across the laggy behavior of their device. Bloatware is even more common with the carrier branded devices. Carriers incorporate their applications in smartphones to achieve some exclusiveness.
Google doesn’t stand under this umbrella as Nexus devices sport the pure stock Android OS, that contains almost no extra or heavy features. Some custom operating systems are a point of attention only because they do not contain any un-necessary and heavy applications.
Remove Bloatware From Xiaomi Device (No Root):
Following are both methods through you can remove bloatware from your Xiamoi devices. Both methods are effective and working.
MIUI Hidden Settings:
Good news is, you can easily remove bloatware from Xiaomi devices using MIUI Hidden Settings. You can do a lot with the help of MIUI Hidden Settings, one worth mention feature is, you can access Notification log.
You can download MIUI Hidden Settings from Google Play. But you must know that Android 8 or Android 7 running on your Android device. If you have it, with the help of MIUI hidden features, you can remove most of the pre-installed apps. let get to it.
- First of all, open MIUI hidden settings app.
- Now you need to choose the Android version. After that Tap on the Manage Applications.
- You will get the list of the apps that you can manage, all you have to do is tap on the app you want to remove.
- On the next page, Tap on either “Disable” or “Uninstall”. Then again tap on disable app when you see the pop-up.
ADB and Fastboot:
- Download Android ADB and Fastboot binary for your computer.
- On your phone, go to settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times to enable developer options.
- Get back to the main menu in settings > scroll all the way down and locate Developer Options. In Developer Options, enable USB debugging mode.
- Extract the downloaded Android ADB and Fastboot binary package.
- Open the extracted folder now.
- Press and hold the shift key and then Right-Click on an empty area within the ADB and Fastboot extracted folder. As the options come up, click on Open command window here. Alternatively, you can open the command window from anywhere on your computer as they ADB and Fastboot binary system-wide.
- Now in the command window, execute the following command
- This command will ask for connection verification on your phone. Allow the connection on your phone.
- After the command returns your device’s successful connection, enter the following commands to remove bloatware.
pm list packages | grep 'Carrier/OEM name'
- This command will list all the applications installed by the Carrier or OEM
- To remove any application now, enter the following command.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 'package name'