Within such a huge database of Custom ROMs or Firmwares, finding the one which suites you the best is not an easy task. The main reason why I gave myself a little break from Android. I was so engaged in Installing ROMs on my Android devices, whether it was Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Even Dell Streak 5, HTC Sensation XE wasn’t out of the equation. Despite knowing that there might be a chance, that it will brick my device, still there was at-least One ROM after 5-6 days, the only one that I kept for a long time was Viper S for HTC Sensation and Mahdi ROM for Nexus 5, other than them both, I never kept a ROM longer than a week, simply because I get tired of it.
Then the Multi-ROM came into being, I never liked this concept, but still it is better than installing ROMs again and again on your device, using this Multi-ROM you get to keep one and thus try different ROMs while keeping your data safe and sound, no need to factory reset again and again. Multi-ROM is now available for Galaxy Note 2, you need to kexec-hardboot patched kernel. The Only Flaw at the Moment that the Multi-ROM manger doesn’t work on N7100, there is work in progress to fix that.If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this MOD on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 by following our tutorial below. Remember, this is not a ROM, but only a MOD to let you install more than one ROM on Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
1. This is only for Galaxy Note 2 N7100!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Custom ROM + Modems + Kernels: Link
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Navigate to ‘Factory Reset/Wipe Data‘.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Multi-ROM.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Then Again Select, Modified TWRP Recovery.zip
- Then Finally, Install Patched Kernel.zip
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Multi-ROM.zip,Modified TWRP and Patched Kernel, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Do a Factory Reset In the Aroma Installer, and After choosing the Options Continue
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
First Boot might take up-to 5-minutes, so let your device rest for 5-minutes as you do something else.