Samsung has managed to produce the most beautiful mid-rangers in the history of smartphones. The Galaxy A8 and the A8+ 2018 come with an enormous display. Samsung has removed the home-button from these phones. The S8’s infinity display has made its way to the Galaxy A series now.
Galaxy A8 and A8+ Specifications
Galaxy A8 and A8+ are powered by Exynos 7885 CPU alongside a RAM 4GB(Galaxy A8 2018) and 4GB/6GB(Galaxy A8 Plus 2018). Both these phones are available in 32GB and 64GB storage options. Samsung has added a 16MP single-lens shooter at the back. The camera at the back is accompanied by a fingerprint scanner beneath the camera body. On the front, there’s a dual selfie shooter which makes these phones a little bit selfie-centric. These phones come with full HD displays. The display on Galaxy A8 is 5.6-inch while on the A8+ is 6.0-inch. It’s not an edge-to-edge display, however, it’s the infinity-flat-screen display joining the 18:9 aspect ratio brigade. USB Type-C and a headphone jack is there on both the phones. The battery capacity of the Galaxy A8 2018 is 3000 mAh and the Galaxy A8 Plus has 3500 mAh. Galaxy A8 and A8+ 2018 run on Android 7 Nougat out of the box.
If you are considering buying a new phone, you might consider the Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8 Plus 2018. Owning a smartphone means you are supposed to know everything about its software and hardware as well. When it comes to software, we often need to install new software in order to upgrade the phone, restore it to factory settings or simple to fix the existing issues on the phone. Fortunately, Samsung makes it extremely easy for its loyal customers to install the software on the phone. It’s incredibly easy to restore your Galaxy A8 or the A8+ 2018 to its factory state.
Why you should install a Stock ROM?
Installation of a stock ROM on your phone refreshes everything. It wipes off any previous data stored on your phone. If your phone was previously rooted, installing a stock ROM will unroot it. In case there’s a new version of Android available for your phone, and you just cannot get it because the update is available in another country, you can always download the entire update and flash it manually. Before flashing stock firmware on your new A8/A8+, keep in mind that it will not restore the warranty of your phone if it was void. However, the installation will not void the warranty either if it was intact.
The installation happens through Samsung’s own software called Odin. There’s a great misconception that Odin will damage the device or it’s not a trustworthy tool. I would like to tell you that Odin is Samsung’s official tool and it’s safe by all the means. Using Odin will not damage your phone in any way. You can proceed with the firmware installation without any fears.
I have made this guide below to install Stock ROM on Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018. The guide to flash factory firmware will work on all the variants of the Galaxy A8 2018 and Galaxy A8 Plus 2018. The guide has been made in layman’s terms. It is compiled using all the links and steps to the best of my knowledge. Galaxy A8 and A8 Plus owners just need to follow all the steps carefully and they are good to go ahead.
How to install Stock ROM on Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018
A few things to keep in mind before proceeding
- This method is applicable only to Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018. Do not try this on any other device. You can apply this to any variant of the Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018 as long as you have downloaded the correct firmware.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power mishap during the flashing process.
- Backup your important contacts, SMS messages, call logs. Copy your media content to your computer. If you have WhatsApp installed on your phone, copy the entire WhatsApp folder to your computer.
- Use your OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- Disable Samsung Kies using Odin.
- Enable OEM unlocking on the phone.
- Enable USB debugging mode as well.
- Your phone must be rooted in order to unroot it.
- Samsung USB drivers.
- Download Odin3 3.12.5 and extract it on your computer’s desktop.
- Download the firmware for your phone through this page.
Get the firmware carefully according to your region/country. Do not download a carrier-branded firmware for a non-branded device. If you are unable to find the firmware for your region, you can download the firmware of the closest possible region and flash that instead.
Installing Stock ROM/Flashing Factory Firmware on Galaxy A8 & A8 Plus 2018
- Extract the downloaded firmware folder to get the firmware.tar and other files.
- Open Odin3.exe now. In Odin, click on the AP tab and select the firmware.tar file. The file takes a few minutes to load. Let Odin load it completely.
- Now in Odin, click on the BL tab and load the BL file that you got from the extracted folder.
- Similarly, click on the CP tab and load the CP file.
- Click on the CSC tab and load the Home_CSC file in it.
- It’s time to connect your S8 in the download mode. Power down your S8 completely. Press and Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Key to boot into download mode. As soon as the screen comes up with a warning, press Volume Up key to continue.
- Now connect your phone to your PC while Odin is open. Odin will show “Added” message in the log box. It will also turn the ID:COM box blue upon successful connection.
- Click on the Options button in Odin. The only option checked should be F.Reset.Time. No other option should be checked here.
- Now click on the Start button in Odin and let it flash the firmware.
- Once the firmware flashing ends, disconnect your phone and turn it on.
- It will be all new as it takes you to the menu. Set it up from scratch and enjoy since it’s unrooted now.
Note: Unrooting the phone will not bring its warranty back. The Knox counter cannot be reset once tripped.
So, that’s it with the installation of a brand new software on your new Galaxy A8 phone. This method can be used to fix your soft-bricked phone as well. You can also use it to fix your phone if it’s lagging or it’s battery time consumption has increased. In case you are facing any kind of issues, you can contact me directly using the comments section below.