Only a Month Ago, CM 11 M1 made its debut on Nexus devices, bringing the taste of Kit-Kat for other devices now, the Nightlies were released and this time CM11 M2 Snapshot are being released for many devices taking place of M1, based on KitKat 4.4.2 KOT49H. The announcement was made on CyanogenMod Website and Google +. The CM team has claimed that they have removed the bugs and import some old features along with some new one. As far as the builds are concern, they have already being compiled and Uploaded to the Server for other 65 Devices. The features are remarkable, again the Team CM went at quite a fast rate and brought almost all of its stuff to their latest release.
If you have ever installed a Custom ROM on your device, then this might not be very Difficult for you, Otherwise pay more attention to the Tutorial. In this Article, we will show you How To Install CyanogenMod 11 M2 On Your Android Device.But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung/HTC/LG/Motorola etc. in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
Note: If by any Chance you gets the Signature Verification Failed Error, Fo the Following:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
How To Install CyanogenMod 11 M2 On Your Android Device.
Now boot into Recovery, if you know how to Open recovery in your device, then it is fine, otherwise, Connect your device with PC and Open command Prompt and type:
adb reboot recovery
Once it is rebooted, Disconnect the Device.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Finally Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Cm11 file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Then install Gapps the same way.
- Once the Installation is Over,Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Cm11 and Gapps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your Android device will be running CM11 M2 Snapshot Android 4.4 Kit-Kat. Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.