Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat has been available for lesser devices, most of the flagship devices are in line for it, even in terms of Custom ROMs there aren’t much ROMs available based on Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat and yet HTC Sensation is able to get a chance to taste Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat via CM 11 Custom ROM. The ROM is running SebastianFM’s Overclocked kernel v1.5.2, which if we takes out a little battery life, which then covered up by the Battery mod, is quite good when it comes to performing and more than 620MB of Useable RAM gives you more than enough to take the best out of the device. Since we won’t be using the typical Custom recovery, so there is no need to flash the boot.img Separately.
No major bugs are found till now,as we scroll throughout the Official XDA thread, everything important and non-important things are working and they are working smooth. This Custom ROM is the best one after the Team Venom Viper ROM and from the looks of it, we can say that it is not official, since the developer is not mentioning much about this rom,except for all the features and awesomeness. Without Further ado, let’s see how we can install it and what are the requirements.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat On HTC Sensation Via CM11 Custom ROM. But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC Sensation
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: How To Unlock Bootloader of HTC Devices
- Root Your Device: Root HTC Sensation
- Install 4EXT Recovery Touch v18.104.22.168 RC2, this ROM can’t be installed using any other recovery: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom which may result in bricking of your device,and it has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat CM 11 ROM: Link
How To Install this ROM:
- Enter Recovery mode. Use the App to Enter Recovery mode or Turn off your device, take out and Re-insert the batter, Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select recovery or
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition first.
- Choose ‘advance’ and select ‘Devlik wipe cache’, so you won’t stuck in any Boot loop.
- The finally choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the installation, Again select ‘install zip from sd card’ and ‘choose zip from sd card’ and select Gapps.zip file and confirm installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Voila that’s it you HTC Sensation is now upgraded to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, to check Goto settings> About > Software Version.