Galaxy Y is a really low end device released by Samsung, and even Samsung is not releasing Android 4.4 update for most of its high end device, so how can the users of Galaxy Y even think about getting the update of Kit-Kat. As far as I remember, the last update that Galaxy Y received was Android 2.3.6, and here those who received the update of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean aren’t receiving this update, while those devices which arrived with Android 4.2 are out of the box, even they aren’t getting the update of Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.
We have posted articles on Android Kit-Kat based ROMs for Galaxy Y, they all are smooth and fast even on a device like Galaxy Y, but CM11, since basing on pure Android, having no bloatware and no extra apps to consume memory, and since there is no bloatware even battery time will increase. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy Y S6310 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone go for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all, some want performance and some want speed, some want looks and some want features. Putting them altogether in one ROM can cause a Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM is basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Android 4.4.2 CM11 On Galaxy Y S6310 .But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is GT-S6310 .
- Do-not try it on other GT-S5360
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
- 0.1 Related Guides:
- 0.2 Warning:
- 0.3 Downloads Required:
- 1 How To Install It.
- 2 Solve Signature Verification Error:
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMS and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In a case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install Cm11 On Galaxy Y. But let me remind you again, Samsung Kies will not Detect your Phone. If you ever want to Go Back to the Official ROM and ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM11.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Go back and Flash Google Apps
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the CM11.zip and Google Apps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and see if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That’s it, after a Successful reboot your Samsung Galaxy Y S6310 will be running Android 4.4.2 CM11 Kit-Kat. Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.