Samsung Galaxy S2, now that is a true revolutionary Smartphone, the only one still receiving updates even after Two years. The only device of 2011 who sill get the official update of Android 4.2. Most of 2011 smartphones are not even receiving updates of Android 4.1 but Galaxy S2 has already received the update of Android 4.1 and getting prepared for Android 4.2. But as far as Android 4.3 is concerned, Galaxy S2 won’t be getting update of Android 4.3 becasue of hardware limitation.
The real problem starts, that no one knows when Samsung Galaxy S2 will received the update of Android 4.2. Till then you can enjoy it with the help of Custom ROMs. In this Article, we will tell you how to Install Android 4.2.2 Revolt Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as if something go wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterwards.
- Android 4.2.2 Revolt Jelly Bean Custom Firmware: Link
- Google Apps: Link
- Galaxy S2 I9100 USB Drivers: Link
- Your Device must be rooted.
- CWM recovery must be installed on your device.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy S2 I9100.
How To Install Android 4.2.2 Revolt Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Download the ROM file but don’t extract it.
- Connect Galaxy S2 to PC. Make sure to use original USB cable.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Now go to Recovery mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Up Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the downloaded file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, then select “reboot system now’.
Voila! your Galaxy S2 I9100 has been updated to Android 4.2.2 Revolt Jelly Bean Custom Firmware , Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.