The OTA of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, this is the LTE variant of Galaxy S4 who will soon the Android 4.4 Kit-Kat kernel based update. Since Samsung has released the Official kernel of Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, it won’t be long before developers will released ROMs based on it. Now if you haven’t received the Android 4.3 OTA update you can still install it manually. Just follow our tutorial below and you will find your Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Update Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEMK8 Official Firmware. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.
How To Update Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEMK8 Official Firmware.
- Download Android 4.3 I9505XXUEMK8 for Galaxy S4 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File with .tar in its name, or the one who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
That;s it your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 has been updated to XXUEMK8 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Go to Settings > About To verify.