There are many applications available that allows you to send and receive data ‘wireless’ from your Mobile to PC or vice versa, but no matter how you look at it, they are just there to transfer data, and they can’t be used to create a connection between both the devices to share data, but in the World everything is possible, in terms of Software. Now between Two PCs it is possible and on Android with the help of ES File Explorer, it is possible to create a connection between PC and Android device to share data any time possible.
The Process consists of Two Stages, First we will ready the Computer running Windows whether Windows 7 or Windows 8, they both are pretty same then we will prepare the Android Tablet or Mobile for the connection. But First of all Download ES file Explorer from the Google Play Store, till it gets downloaded, let’s head towards the PC and configure it:
Configure PC For The Sharing:
What we need to do is to set-up the static IP and Share Folders in it, it is quite simple, just follow the Steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Navigate to Network and Internet.
- Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on the Name of Your Network.
- Click Properties.
- Scroll Down to TCP/IP4 and Click Properties.
- Select the “Use the following IP address”.
- Wait for it to fill the Bars automatically, if not then you have to fill them manually.
- Once Done, Click OK and close the Window.
- Now Navigate to the Folder you want to share, Right click on the folder and Share With > Homegroup
Here is the Whole Thing Sum up.
Now On The Android Side:
- Open ES File Explorer.
- Swipe from Right to Left, to open the LAN Screen.
- Press the + New Button and then press server.
- Write the IP address, Leave the Domain bar.
- Type the Username and Password of your Computer
- In Display as, write your name.
- You should be seeing the Folders, you shared with Homegroup.
- Navigate to any file or video you want to see.