LG Nexus 4 is most probably the only device of 2012 which still has active custom ROM development. Otherwise lots of others, even the Flagship devices have disappeared in terms of custom development. Active means that the newest versions of Android are suddenly available for this device and not in just a single form, the newest version is available in many different ROMs and even the previous ones are updated to the latest one. However, all of them are same providing nothing more than performance and features that only enhances under the hood. What we need, being a user of Nexus 4, is something unique, that could at-least gives me different looks and themes and some different features that what I have still been seeing and using and XOSP S+ Reborn Release is here to provide so.
The ROM is based on CM 13 with all the unnecessary apps removed from it, even the CM apps as well. The Snap camera and the Viper Audio engine are something new in it, with so many features from Xperia series has been added, like Bootanimation, sounds, custom Wallpapers and much more. No theme choose in it, so you have to manually install the themes or flash them via the custom recovery. The default alarm clock in it won’t work, you might need to install the 3rd part one.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on LG Nexus 4 to update it to XOSP S+ Reborn Release 3 6.0.1 custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for LG Nexus 4. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your LG Nexus 4.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install XOSP S+ Reborn Release 3 6.0.1 on LG Nexus 4
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In CWM recovery select Wipe Data/Factory data reset, Wipe Cache, navigate to Advance > Wipe Devlik Cache
- Download latest XOSP S+ Reborn Release 3.zip | Google Apps file and XOSPApps 04-02-2016.zip copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select XOSP S+ Reborn Release 3.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once the installation is over, Go back and Flash Googleapps.zip
- Then Flash the XOSPApps 04-02-2016.zip
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.