With the Arrival of Marshmallow everyone owning a flagship Android device wants to upgrade their device to the latest version. However, not all the times the latest version is the best one, trust me as a Nexus user I can confirm this. Although, I only felt that battery timing was not good enough as compared to Lollipop, but rather than that everything else was awesome. As a previous user of Samsung devices, I can also confirm that Omega ROM as the best that I have ever used, back then it was only the Kit-Kat version, have no idea about the latest version, but back then this ROM was one of the best one for any Samsung device. Giving you everything Stock, everything necessary, furthermore is all about performance and speed transforming a device like Galaxy S5 into a bomb.
Omega v18 is based on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop and it brings so many features to your device that you’ll spent your whole lifetime finding and using all of them. Giving you the complete stock look bringing nothing new on the front, however, under the hood so many things are changed and upgraded giving you the perfect ROM for your device.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 to update it to Omega v18 Lollipop Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Samsung Galaxy S5. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S5.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Omega v18 Lollipop Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download Omega v18.zip from the Link, for your Model only.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data | System | Cache | Devlik
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Omega v18.zip and Swipe the Slider.
- Choose whatever you want in Aroma Installer and start the Flashing.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.