I am not a huge fan of Xperia Devices, well till that company changed to Sony only, those previous devices were fun to use and fun to show to everyone, especially Xperia Arc and Xperia Arc S was some beauty and now in the Xperia family, all I have seen is straight plates with nothing new in terms of design, however, there are those who have purchased these devices and now they must be looking for some customizations to do, flash some custom mods or install a whole new ROM on their device, for superior performance and better battery life, since these are the only two problems every other Android user faces. Mr.SL is quite a different type of ROM for Xperia Z3, what it compliment the most is the LCD of Xperia Z3. Everything is executed perfectly in this ROM, that you won’t be able to come back on any other after using this.
Mr.SL Custom ROM features some beautiful animations and they are heavy once you use them for once, but as you go on you’ll realize that this ROM, despite offers so many heavy graphics, is quite smooth and stable, you won’t find yourself using any typical ROM while using this one. The ROM is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and quite close to the Stock one, so if you are new in this field than switching to Mr.SL won’t brings anything new in terms on interface.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Sony Xperia Z3 to update it to Mr.SL Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Sony Xperia Z3. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your Sony Xperia Z3.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Download and install Minimal Android ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, GOOGLE OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Mr.SL Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM on Xperia Z3
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above
- Download latest MrSL V2.4 For Z3.zip file and Extract the Boot.img file and copy the zip file to the root of your sd card.
- Now copy the boot.img to the Fastboot folder
- Turn Off your Device
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder. How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Connect your Device with PC.
- Now Type fastboot flash boot boot.img to flash the boot.img on your device
- Type fastboot reboot, to reboot your device
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery, make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- In CWM recovery select Wipe Data/Factory data reset, Wipe Cache, navigate to Advance > Wipe Devlik Cache
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select MrSL V2.4 For Z3.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.