Official firmware are no doubt better for all the devices, however, these firmware and support has limits and for some devices those limits are quite too much, even for flagship devices. However, on the custom ROMs, such support is flexible as the popularity for a device increases, the custom support starts to rise again. Galaxy S2 I9100 official support was ended on Jelly Bean and there were quite a few Custom ROMs based on the Kit-Kat version, even lesser based on Lollipop and only a few based on Android 5.1.1, but since they are available, those who wants to try this specific Android version, do give this ROM a try.
While on the other side, Minimal OS features some unique look and in terms of performance, for a device like Galaxy S2, you can expect some lag at extreme limits, but overall in general terms, Minimal OS has more than enough for you. Double Tap to sleep and wake helps you in case of damage keys. You can filter, notifications, calls, gesture unlock is there too and also the changing LED helps you in learning who is messaging you without even turning on the phone.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to update it to Minimal OS Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy S2 I9100. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, SAMSUNG OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Minimal OS Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S2 I9100
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In CWM recovery select Wipe > Factory data reset.
- Download latest Minimal OS Android 5.1.1.zip | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Minimal OS Android 5.1.1.zip file > Yes.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.