Tablet devices are quite fun to use but one thing that they all have in common is that they lag a little extra than any other device, except you are using any Nexus Tab. Samsung is always famous for providing a good device, but the lag is always there even in a device like Galaxy S5 there was a little lag and for a Tablet like Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with 7-inch screen size, you can pretty much except some good amount of slow performance. However, only on the Stock ROM, to get rid of Lag you have to flash any simple and fast custom ROM on it and the device will go boom. Among the huge collection of Custom ROMs, there is on that always makes there for any device, many other ROMs also uses their resources and almost every Android 6.0 based ROM is using CyanogenMod resources for their building.
CyanogenMod 13 is based on Android 6.0 and 6.0.1, both are almost the same just that the latest version has some bugs and issues solved in them. Pure Android experience is there for you and if you are switching from Stock to this one, get ready to experience some speed that will never be there on TouchWiz interface. Even at such progressing stage this ROM is quite stable and fast and because of no bloats and extra apps it also saves battery a lot.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to update it to Android 6.0.1 CyanogenMod 13
- This ROM is intended for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a CWM recovery on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Backup EFS partition to avoid EFS corruption later on.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, ROM DEVELOPER OR DEVICE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install CyanogenMod 13 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download latest cm-13.0-20160214-2003-UNOFFICIAL-p3100.zip file | Google Apps and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In CWM recovery select Factory data reset | Wipe Cache | Wipe Devlik/Art Cache
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > Choose cm-13.0-20160214-2003-UNOFFICIAL-p3100.zip file and confirm the installation on next Screen.
- Once the installation is over, you’ll be in recovery again.
- Flash Gapps.zip and then go back.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.