Sony Xperia ZR is another Water-Proof phone, arrived with Android 4.1.2 and update-able to Android 4.2.2 for now Of course. Well it will get the Android 4.3 update Next Month, according to uSwitch. Till then you only have Two choices, Either wait for it or install a Custom ROM on it based on Android 4.3. In Fact we have a ROM for all the Xperia ZR users, CM 10.2 based on Android 4.3 is now available for Xperia ZR. If you are familiar in installing Custom ROMs on your device, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you, Otherwise pay more attention on the Tutorial.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install CM 10.2 Android 4.3.1 On Xperia ZR C5502 / C5503. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages .It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Sony in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Sony Xperia ZR C5502 / C5503.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
How To Install CM 10.2 Android 4.3.1 On Xperia ZR C5502 / C5503.
- Download Android 4.3.1 CM10.2 Final ROM and Google Apps for Xperia ZR to your computer.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your tablet
- Turn off your phone and open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Volume UP + Power buttons , when the Sony logo shows up and the LED light on the phone lights up, start pressing the Volume Up key repeatedly until the recovery mode menu is being displayed.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM 10.2 file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, now Choose Google Apps instead of CM 10.2, to install Google Apps.
- Navigate to ‘++++++++Go Back‘ to return to previous screen
- Then select “reboot system now’ to reboot your device.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select System, Data and Cache.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the CM 10.2 and Google Apps, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Finally Tap Reboot and then System.