Finally Nexus 5 has been released last night and developers got their hands on Android 4.4 Kit-Kat and the first thing they did was to develop a custom ROM for other Nexus devices, based on Android 4.4. Google has promised to release the update of Android 4.4 for Nexus and Google edition devices, but it will take at least one week or month to release such thing. So, as long as the update will be released why not try this ROM instead. If you are interested, just follow our tutorial and Install it. But be warned as it is such early release experiencing bugs and other error will be a common thing.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install AOSP Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Custom Firmware On Nexus 4. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as if something go wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterwards.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Custom Recovery must be installed on your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Nexus 4.
How To Install AOSP Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Custom Firmware On Nexus 4.
- Download the AOSP Android 4.4 Kit-AKt and Google Apps files but don’t extract any of them.
- Connect Nexus 4 to PC. Make sure to use original USB cable.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Up + Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- From Bootloader, choose Recovery.
- From Recovery, First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Android 4.4 file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, then select ‘reboot system now’.
Note: Repeat Step 10 and 11, but select Gapps instead of Android 4.4, to install Google Apps.
Voila! your LG NExus 4 has been updated to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Custom Firmware , Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.