One of my Favorite ROM, I can tell you that, well I was using it till it start showing me Wi-Fi battery draining issue in Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and then i switched to Chroma ROM and has been using it for quite a time, cause I seriously don’t want to install all the apps and bringing the device back to its previous state again and again. This ROM has been built from the Scratch for Nexus 5X and everything in it has been tested to be perfect and improved. This one firmware actually brings innovation to your Mobile screen, the built-in Aroma installer gives you the complete control of what you want in the ROM, how you want it and how much you want it. The one hundred percent experience of Google is here along with dozen of other features.
The best part about this ROM is that, only for Nexus 5X, there is no bug of Wi-Fi draining battery fast, something I have experienced in all of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROMs. The battery Saver schedule gives you the ease to turn it on while you are in your hibernation mode. You can hide multiple elements of Lock-screen giving you a crystal and clean look on your lock-screen and you can rotate the screen to 180 degrees too, not something new but fun to use and you can invert colors too.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the ROM on Nexus 5X to update it to Android 6.0.1 Cataclysm Custom ROM.
- This ROM is intended for Nexus 5X. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a TWRP recovery on your Nexus 5X.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
DISCLAIMER: FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF A DEVICE AND ITS NOT RECOMMENDED OFFICIALLY. WHILE YOU’RE GOING TO DO THIS, MAKE SURE THAT YOU’RE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN CASE OF A MISHAP TECHBEASTS, Google OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Cataclysm Custom ROM on Nexus 5X
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest CWM recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Now boot your phone in to CWM recovery. In TWRP recovery select Wipe > Data, Cache and Devlik Cache.
- Download latest Cataclysm Custom ROM.zip | Google Apps file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Cataclysm Custom ROM.zip and Googleapps.zip file and Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.