Now that you have rooted and install Custom Recovery on your HTC One Xl, the next step is to get rid of the Slow HTC Official Firmware and install a Custom ROM on it. Like Viper S for HTC One X, Team Venom has released the same ROM for HTC One XL. You can install it on your HTC One XL using our Tutorial below. Since, this is a Custom ROM, all your app data will be erased, so make a back-up of it before proceeding. Also don’t Factory Reset a Device running Custom ROM, the ROM will be erased and oyu have to flash it again to use your device.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Viper XL 4.2.0 Custom ROM On HTC One XL/AT&T HTC One X. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it? Follow:How To Root and Install CWM Recovery on HTC One XL/AT&T HTC One X
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For HTC One XL.
How To Install Viper XL 4.2.0 Custom ROM On HTC One XL/AT&T HTC One X.
- Download Viper XL 4.2.0 for HTC One XL to your computer
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, goto Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the Viper XL File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the Viper XL 4.2.0 zip and file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select recovery.
- Choose “Wipe Cache” Partition first.
- Choose ‘advance’ and select ‘Devlik wipe cache’, so you won’t stuck in any Boot loop.
- The finally choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Viper XL 4.2.0 zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Voila that’s it you HTC One XL is now upgraded to Android 4.2.2 Viper XL 4.2.0 Custom ROM, to check Goto settings> About > Software Version.