Apple is full of errors, despite that they are so full of their Security in their devices, even if you are using their PC manager, a.k.a iTunes, you are most likely to encounter a lot of errors while installing or upgrading iOS firmware, mostly users faces errors to upgrade the firmware to the latest version, but that is not something you should be afraid of, the real problem starts, when you start see the iTunes Error 3149, there isn’t a proper way to fix this error, but there are several ways that you have to try and maybe one of them works for you.
If you have spend time on Apple Support page, then you might have know there isn’t much help there. Apple doesn’t like its users to Downgrade their Firmware, they want them to use the latest version whether it is good for them or not, like iOS 7 running on iPhone 4 is just like sending an 80-years old in a race. Now you will be lucky if you try to restore your device or updating it and doesn’t face any error at all. For the rest of users, here is the way to solve iTunes Error 3149.
How To Fix iTunes Error 3149
- Usually it happens because of the Hosts file, a little editing can solve this problem, if you are lucky.
- Navigate to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ and locate the file name as hosts.
- For Mac it is located in etc, just search for it
- Open file in Notepad, with administrative rights.
- Add the following line at the end: # 22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com
- Save the File and then try to upgrade the iOS via iTunes.
- In most cases this is enough to solve the problem
How To Fix iTunes Error 3149 For a Jailbroken Device
- Download the iOS file you need to upgrade or downgrade.
- Download TinyUmbrella.
- Connect iPhone to PC and Close iTunes if it pop-ups.
- Open TinyUmbrella and then click Start TSS Server.
- Put your iPhone in DFU mode.
- Now Upgrade or Downgrade the firmware like usual and hopefully the Error won’t occur while Resotring or updating the firmware.
If you face any kind of issue let me know in comments.