Having an Android device and not a rooted one yet, well that simply means you don’t want to use a single thing on your device. To use your device to the maximum limit, the first rule is to root it and then install different tweaks on it till it stops responding. Well most of us directly jumps to the Custom ROMs after rooting the device and then there are those who remains on the Official ROMs, try to make it better by installing Mods and different tweaks. There is one thing that all of those who are still using the Stock Android but on a rooted device, they just can’t update their device, despite being reminded again and again. Now if you own a Samsung Galaxy S3 and having such problem, we can work on that.
Just remember, that this will work on the Official ROM, if you have installed any custom ROM on your device, you have to get back on the Official Firmware and there are chances, while playing with your Android device it might get brick or you might loose all your data, proceed ahead with your own risk.
First Confirm that your device is Rooted or Not:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search For Root Checker.
- Download and Install the Top result.
- After installation, open the app and tap Check Root.
- If the app gives you the confirmation that your device is rooted then proceed ahead, otherwise first Root your device.
You can Visit Our Root Section and find your device there.
Now To Reset Flash Counter:
- First Put your device in Download mode and Note the Information, written on the Top Left corner.
- Now that you have confirmed, that your device is rooted, head over to the XDA Developer and Download TriangleAway, make sure that your device is supported. Download the apk file and install it on your device. Once installed, let it have the Super SU permission. Once the app matches the information from what you noted on Download Mode, you are good to go.
- Tap the Reset Flash Counter and wait for it to finish, once the Flash Conuter resets, your device will reboot automatically.
- Now Boot back into Download mode and Confirm that Custom Binary Download is O and Current Binary is Set as Samsung Official, if you see these Two things, you have done it and now will receive the official updates from Samsung.
- However, once you install the Official Update, your device will loose its root access, so better be careful.