There are two procedures to force-update Google Play Store on your Android device. You can either try updating Play Store simply through Google Play Store application or you can update by installing the APK file of latest version of Google Play Store. Let’s go through the methods one by one.
Here are the procedures to force-update your Google Play Store.
How to force update Google Play Store using the Play Store app
- Open the existing Google Play Store application on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Tap the triple-lined button on the top-left corner and then tap Settings.
- Scroll all the way down and find “Build Version”.
- Now tap this “Build Version” twice and your Play Store will start getting the latest update (only if available).
- That’s all.
How to force update Google Play Store using APK file
- Download latest Google Play Store APK: Google Play Store 6.0.00 APK
- You can download the APK file linked above directly on your phone, or you can copy it to your phone after downloading it on your PC.
- Once you’ve got the APK file in your phone, go to settings > security > check the allow unknown sources option.
- Now using a file manager locate the latest Play Store APK file that you just copied or downloaded on your phone.
- Tap the APK file and install it following the on-screen instructions.
- Once done, Google Play Store will be installed/updated on your device.
- Find the latest version of Play Store in app drawer now.