In this Post, I’ll tell you how to enable or Disable Superfetch on Windows 10,8&7.
Superfetch stores cache data for applications so it can be available immediately when you open applications. Now as we all know that Cache is a big problem for performance, same in this case Superfetch cache application data and because of this our system become laggy and slow. Let’s start the method to Enable or Disable Superfetch.
Enable or Disable Superfetch
Windows: Enable or Disable Superfetch:
Disable from Services:
- Open Run dialog box ( Windows Key + R ).
- Type in “services.msc“, then press “Enter“.
- Find “Superfetch” in the list.
- Now Right Click on “Superfetch“, then select “Properties“.
- Click on “Stop” button to stop this service.
- In the “Startup type” dropdown menu, choose “Disabled“.
Enable or Disable from Registry:
- Press Windows Key + R.
- In Run Dialog box, Type “regedit”.
- Expand the following.
- Session Manager
Find “EnableSuperfetch“ and double click on it and if you cannot find then you have to create new value. Use the following method to create it.
Right, Click on “PrefetchParameters” folder.
Choose “New” > “DWORD Value“.
Use any of the following values.
- 0 – to disable Superfetch
- 1 – to enable prefetching when program is launched
- 2 – to enable boot prefetching
- 3 – to enable prefectching of everything
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Criminal Case Pacific Bay for PC – Windows & Mac - February 18, 2017
- Orbot: Proxy with Tor for PC or Mac – Windows - February 13, 2017
- Lookout Security Antivirus for PC Download – Windows/Mac - February 13, 2017