Just a few days back, WhatsApp introduced a new feature that turned the double tick marks of the delivered messages to blue as soon as the recipient read the message. This created hype around and since then people have been coming up with various jokes and taunts over WhatsApp’s this latest feature. Some have been saying that more break-ups are on the way, and some have been saying that “Last Seen” wasn’t enough. This new feature has sure caused trouble to a lot of people, who at times to do want to reply people having their last seen turned off, but what will they actually do if the last seen thing isn’t of any use, because one you’ve read the message, the tick marks are going to turn blue and other person is going to know whether you’ve read the message or not, and you’re left with no choice except making a lame excuse or replying the person as soon as you read the message.
There are some unofficial and modified versions of WhatsApp, which immediately came up with the solution to this blue double tick mark. OGWhatsApp and WhatsApp Plus allowed the users to turn it off and hence, the users who knew about these applications got rid of it, but just today, WhatsApp has decided to introduce a feature officially, that allows the users to turn off the Double Blue Ticks. Once you’ve turned it off, others won’t be able to know about the read status of the message anymore.
Currently, this option is available in the beta version of WhatsApp’s latest update, and is only available for Android users while Apple users will have to wait for this update to hit their device. The latest version of WhatsApp is v2.11.444, and this hasn’t been updated in the Google Play Store yet. Currently, this latest version of WhatsApp is only available on the official WhatsApp site in the form of an APK, and users will have to download it manually. We’ve managed to grab the latest WhatsApp 2.11.444 APK file and found it working fine, so just in case these Blue Tick Marks have been haunting you down, you may want to consider installing this latest update right away. Let’s go through the download link and installation instructions and get rid of the new read receipts, WhatsApp Blue Tick Marks.
Download and Install WhatsApp v2.11.444 & Disable Read Receipts [Blue Tick Marks]
- Download WhatsApp v2.11.444 APK file. WhatsApp Official Site | Techbeasts Mirror
- You may download the file directly on your phone, in case you’ve downloaded it on PC, copy it to your phone now.
- Now on your phone, go to settings > security > unknown sources > allow.
- Now locate the latest WhatsApp v2.11.444 APK file on your phone and tap it to begin installation.
- Proceed and complete the installation, once done, access the installed WhatsApp from the app drawer.
- Once opened, go to settings > privacy > turn off read receipts.
- That’s all, your friend’s won’t be able to see the Blue Tick Marks anymore.
Let us know your views about the latest WhatsApp through the comment box below. Thank you all.