Previously we posted the Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat ROM for 2 of the MediaTek devices and now the another one of them has received the custom update of Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat. This ROM is also based on Motorola Motorola XT919 / XT920 Official release and almost everything is fixed in this version and now the owners of ZTE V970 or V970M can upgrade their device to Android 4.4.4 kitKat. The last official update was the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for this device, so we should all be thanking 3rd party developers for their supporting these devices.
The only problem found in it was the Pinkish color in Camera, now we don’t know whether it is only with the Stock Camera app or with all the camera apps. You can try to change the White Balance to solve this problem. Use Camera 360 for more ease and perfect photos. In this article, we will show you How to Update ZTE V970/V970M to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Un-Official Firmware. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your ZTE V970/V970M by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release but a Custom ROM. You need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for ZTE V970/V970M!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat: Link
Google Apps: Link
How To Install Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder. [ADB & Fastboot Tools]
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
Into the Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Davlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go Back and Flash Google Apps.zip
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The first boot might take up-to half an hour, so better play a game or get yourself a cup of coffee or Tea۔
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016