One of Xperia Z’s siblings is Xperia ZR, pretty much similar to Xperia Z. ZR sports a 4.55 inches screen with 323 ppi and 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. Under the hood it has got a Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait CPU, a RAM of 2 GBs and a battery of 2300 mAh. Internal memory is 8 GB and a microSD card slot is also there to expand it. At the back a camera sensor of 13.1 MPs is fixed while a VGA camera is set on the front.
Xperia ZR ran on Android 4.1 initially, the device received Android 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 updates having the planned upgrades to Android 4.4 KitKat. Sony has been impressive with the Android updates to its devices and keeping its promise rolled out much awaited Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for it’s Xperia Z line up including Xperia Z, Z1, ZR, ZL, Z Ultra. The OTA update has reached different regions, however these updates may get slower hitting the regions and may increase the appetite of Android Enthusiasts owning a Sony Xperia ZR. In the following post we’re going to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 10.4.B.0.569 firmware on Sony Xperia ZR C5503. So just in case you were after this update, you’re on the right place at the moment. Just go through this detailed guide.
Before we head towards the Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean installation, here are some pre-requisites and pre-cautions that you need to keep in mind.
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia ZR C5503, even though this firmware works fine on C5502, perhaps it would not be wiser to flash it on C5502 to prevent any mishap. Please check your device model first in Settings > About Device > Model.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool – Get the full guide here. Also Install drivers using Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers > Flashtool, Xperia ZR, Fastboot, select all these and install.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the process.
- Make sure that you backup your media content,contacts, call logs and text messages. This is important and recommended so that in case you decide to wipe your phone during the flashing process, you can get all of your data back using the backup.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
- To flash this firmware, you do not need to root your device, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. All you need is, your device must be the one mentioned and must be running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- Download the firmware file properly.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC. Using any other data cable might cause connection problems.
- You need enough confidence to perform this custom method.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
Let’s move forward to the 2nd page for ROM flashing guide.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016