Recently Sony made a bold move and updated a few of it’s devices to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean altogether. The Xperia Z family has a planned update to Android 4.4 KitKat and to add some excitement to the wait Sony rolled out Jelly Bean’s last update and paved a way for KitKat updates. Xperia ZR, Z’s brother initially ran on Android 4.1 and received Android 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 updates later on. 4.3 update has just started rolling out and is currently hitting different regions on a slow mode.
Just in case you’re an Xperia ZR owner and an Android enthusiast and can’t wait to get your hands on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running on your device, you’re on the right place at the moment as we’ve the method to overcome your appetite. In the following post we will update Xperia ZR C5503 to Android 4.3 10.4.B.0.569 Official firmware, before you head towards this method please make sure that you’ve checked OTA updates and you’re not already running this firmware on your device. At first, it is preferred to perform an OTA update check as it will save some time as well, otherwise let’s move forward to this guide.
Here are some necessary pre-requisites and pre-cautions that you must keep in mind before heading towards the firmare flash guide.
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia ZR C5502, even though this firmware works fine on C5503, perhaps it would not be wiser to flash it on C5503 to prevent any mishap. Please check your device model first in Settings > About Device > Model.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool – Get the full guide here. Also Install drivers using Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers > Flashtool, Xperia ZR, Fastboot, select all these and install.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the process.
- Make sure that you backup your media content,contacts, call logs and text messages. This is important and recommended so that in case you decide to wipe your phone during the flashing process, you can get all of your data back using the backup.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
- To flash this firmware, you do not need to root your device, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. All you need is, your device must be the one mentioned and must be running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- Download the firmware file properly.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC. Using any other data cable might cause connection problems.
- You need enough confidence to perform this custom method.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
Let’s move forward to the 2nd page for ROM flashing guide.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2