Recently, Sony has released another Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based firmware for Xperia Z3 Compact D5803, with model number 23.1.A.0.740. This is released after .726 firmware for Z3 Compact. The main reason for releasing this update is to remove the bugs that have been spotted in the initial Lollipop release for Xperia Z3 Compact. In this guide, you can download and install the 23.1.A.0.740 FTF on D5803. This is the official firmware for Xperia Z3C with all the latest features and fixes. Those who had issues with laggy UI or high battery drain, must install 23.1.A.0.740 ftf on D5803.
This guide explains all the steps involved in installing .740 FTF in Z3 Compact. This is basically a flashing process. Those who are afraid of it or those who think that this will void warranty, then should know that this is official release from Sony and non-customised FTF. It installs the official firmware with no changed in the firmware. This firmware is not rooted therefore you do not need to worry about voiding the warranty or losing TA Partition. Moreover, after flashing the firmware, phone will keep receiving the future OTA updates as well. Those who have rooted their phones, they will lose the root access after flashing the firmware. The rooting guide for .740 firmware will be provided as well. The rest of the necessary steps involved in installing 23.1.A.0.740 ftf on D5803 are explained below.
1. This is only for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803
This ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this firmware on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%.
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content. If you haven’t rooted your device previously, skip this step.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
4. Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device.
Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
5. Install and setup Sony Flashtool.
You must have installed Sony Flashtool. Find the full guide here.
After installing Sony Flashtool, open the Flashtool folder from the drive where you installed it. Now open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia Z3 Compact drivers from the list. [Important]
6. Use OEM data cable to establish connection.
Make sure that you use the phone’s original data cable to establish connection between your phone and the PC. Using a different data cable might result in interrupting the firmware installation.
Steps to Install 23.1.A.0.740 FTF on Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 [.740 FTF Download]
Before moving forward, please make sure that you’ve read the pre requisites and ensure that you are set to go ahead.
- Download the latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.740 FTF file.
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Z3 Compact Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z3 Compact. Enjoy.
Got any questions? Ask me in the comments below
Latest posts by Hayder Ameen (see all)
- Root Xperia ZR C5502, C5503 10.6.A.0.454 LP Firmware - May 23, 2015
- Root Xperia ZL C6502, C6503 10.6.A.0.454 LP Plus CWM/TWRP - May 23, 2015
- Root Xperia Z C6602,C6603 10.6.A.0.454 5.0.2 LP Plus CWM/TWRP - May 23, 2015