Xperia Z3 Compact is now seeing a new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update. The new update shifts the build number to 23.4.A.1.232. There are no apparent changes in this update, but one of the biggest issues, the famous Stagefright bug has been patched by Sony in this update completely. In the earlier Android 5.1.1 update, the device was vulnerable to the Stagefright fix, so we are seeing this new update as a result of what Sony missed previously.At the time of writing this post, this update is rolling out through OTA or through Sony PC Companion. Just in case you’re not willing to wait for OTA update to reach your device, you may want to find out a manual method to get rid of Stagefright right now by flashing the update on your own.
We are going to help you to install/flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 23.4.A.1.232 Firmware on Xperia Z3 Compact D5803, D5833 using Sony flashtool. Let’s go ahead without any further ado and get it done.
1. This is only for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803, D5833
This ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this firmware on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%.
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
4. Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device.
Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
5. Install and setup Sony Flashtool.
You must have installed Sony Flashtool. Find the full guide here. After installing Sony Flashtool, open the Flashtool folder from the drive where you installed it.Now open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia Z3 Compact drivers from the list. [Important]
6. Use OEM data cable to establish connection.
Make sure that you use the phone’s original data cable to establish connection between your phone and the PC. Using a different data cable might result in interrupting the firmware installation.
How To Update Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803, D5833 To 23.4.A.1.232 Android 5.1.1 Firmware
Before moving forward, please make sure that you’ve read the pre requisites and ensure that you are set to go ahead.
- Download the latest firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 23.4.A.1.232 FTF file.
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia Z3 Compact, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Xperia Z3 Compact. Enjoy
In case you got any queries or face any problems regarding this guide, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all!
Update Xperia Z3 Compact, Update Xperia Z3 Compact D5803, Update Xperia Z3 Compact D5833, Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, 23.4.A.1.232, .232 FTF,Download .232 FTF For Xperia Z3 Compact
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016
- Download and install official Pixel Launcher on Android [APK] - October 19, 2016
- Download Google Pixel Wallpaper App for Android [Wallpapers APK] - October 19, 2016