Here’s you can update your Sony Xperia Z1 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using Resurrection Remix custom ROM.
Sony Xperia Z1 has been dropped off from the Android Marshmallow list. The device will never get official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, however this doesn’t mean that we will never get a chance to taste the sweet Marshmallows on this phone. If it’s not possible officially then the only way we are left with is to have our eyes up for a stable and a perfect custom ROM meeting all our needs to run the Marshmallow firmware on Xperia Z1. Thankfully, the Resurrection Remix Android Marshmallow for Sony Xperia Z1 is now available.
Resurrection Remix has a wide background. This is among the most popular and most widely used Android custom ROMs. What makes Resurrection Remix more cool is the fact that it is based on popular custom ROMs like CyanogenMod, Slim ROM, Omni ROM and then itself. All these builds help Ressurrction Remix to become a stable, fast and an easy to customise ROM. To know more about Resurrection Remix, you can have at its features below.
- This ROM is intended for the Sony Xperia Z1 only. Do no try this on any other device at all.
- Charge your phone up to 75% to avoid power issues during flashing process.
- Unlock Bootloader, Flash TWRP Recovery on your Sony Xperia Z1. Here’s a complete guide.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and also copy your media content to your PC. Here’s a complete guide to backup everything.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: Unlocking bootloader, rooting and flashing custom recoveries, custom ROMS are highly custom processes. Doing any of these will result in voiding the warranty of your device. Ensure that you’re doing everything at your own risk. In case of a mishap, TechBeasts or the device manufacturer may not be held liable.
How To Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z1
- Download the latest build of for your Sony Xperia Z1: ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.7.3-20160822-honami.zip
- Download the GApps for Resurrection Remix ROM: Download Google GApps for Android 6.0.x Marshmallow [All ROMs]
- Copy the Resurrection Remix ROM.zip and GApps.zip files to your Sony Xperia Z1’s external or internal SD card.
- Make sure that you’ve unlocked the bootloader, flashed TWRP on your Sony Xperia Z1.
- Now boot your Sony Xperia Z1 into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, turn off your Sony Xperia Z1 completely and then turn it on, while it boots up, press the Volume Up and Down keys simultaneously to boot into TWRP. Once your phone is in bootloader mode, select recovery mode here and it will boot your phone into TWRP recovery.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your device’s system and boot.img under the Backup options in TWRP recovery.
- Get back to the homescreen in TWRP Recovery and tap Wipe.
- Perform a factory reset using the Wipe options in TWRP and then get back to the main screen in recovery.
- Now get back to TWRP home and tap Install > Locate the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.zip file > swipe to confirm ROM installation.
- Similarly, flash the GApps.zip file.
- Once done, reboot your device to system and it should launch the newly installed Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.
That’s all. If you are stuck with something, reach us out through the comment box or our contact us page.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Fix Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus Random Reboot Issue - May 1, 2017
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017