We have posted the CM 11 update for Xperia Z1, Xperia SP and Xperia T and Today Xperia Z Ultra will be updated to CM 11. CM 11 is based on Pure Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat along with some of the customization and Mods. Team CM always bring the latest Android Custom ROMs for all the devices, their ROMs are fast, smooth and every update brings better stuff. Their Theme engine is my personal favorite feature.If you are interested in other ROMs, you can visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Xperia Z Ultra to CM 11 4.4.2 ROM by following our Tutorial. Make sure to read the full article before trying it on your device.This is not an official release from Sony, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install CM11 Custom ROM On Sony Xperia Z Ultra.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged battery.
- Back-up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Sony in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest Custom Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
All Read and Done, Let’s Go to installation process and Find out how to install this Custom ROM on your device.
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install CM11 Custom ROM On Sony Xperia Z Ultra. But let me remind you again, ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
- Download CM11 Custom ROM: Link
- Download Google Apps: Link
- Sony USB Drivers: Link
- USB Debugging is enable, go-to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Switch OFF the phone and turn it ON again. When the phone is powering up, as soon as the green LEDturns on, press Volume Up for CWM Recovery.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android CM11.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the Installation, go back and Flash Google Apps.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android CM11 and Google Apps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your Sony Xperia Z1 will be running Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat CM11. Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016