Sony has remained very nice to it’s users specially in terms of software updates this time. All the smartphone manufacturers are currently updating their flagship devices to the higher Android versions while Sony took clear lead and started updating its devices to Android 4.3 in mass. Earlier we saw the 4.3 Jelly Bean update hitting Xperia Z, ZR, ZL and Ultra Z while now the low end devices Xperia T, TX & V have started receiving Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
The new update packs up a lot of bug fixes and performance enhancements for sure but on the streamline Sony has updated the Sony Media Apps, User Interface has been updated for faster and smoother performance and graphical experience. User interface has been changed with new home screen look and feel. Battery performance has been improved and the Android 4.3 update has became a little more secure software for these devices.
Well, as you all know, these software updates hit different regions with time. Many of the Android enthusiasts might be looking for a way to update their device to the latest firmware and may not find any OTA update or through Sony PC companion. In that case this post will definitely help you. In the following post we are going to install the latest stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.0.295 firmware on Xperia T LT30P. Let’s move forward step by step.
Here are some important installation instructions:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia T LT30P. Please check your device model first in Settings > About Device > Model.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool – Get the full guide here. Also Install drivers using Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers > Flashtool, Xperia T, Fastboot, select all these and install.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the process.
- Flashing this firmware will wipe all your apps, apps data, system data, contacts, call logs & messages. It will not wipe the internal storage (media) data. Proceed after you’ve backed up, in the next step the guides are linked in.
- Make sure that you backup your media content,contacts, call logs and text messages. This is important and recommended so that in case you decide to wipe your phone during the flashing process, you can get all of your data back using the backup.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
- To flash this firmware, you do not need to root your device, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. All you need is, your device must be the one mentioned and must be running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- Download the firmware file properly.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC. Using any other data cable might cause connection problems.
- You need enough confidence to perform this custom method.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
How to Install Android 4.3 9.2.A.0.295 Official Firmware on Xperia T LT30P
- Download Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.0.295 Firmware for Xperia T LT30P [Unbranded / Generic]
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia T, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia T Enjoy.
Here are some screenshots:
That’s All! In case you got any queries/suggestions or face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your message. We will respond as quick as we can.