Sony’s Selfie Shooter, the Xperia C3 has started receiving Android 5.0 Lollipop update today. The new update brings a number of changes to the device. The prominent and notable changes include Google’s all new Material Design based UI, although Sony has kept the change very minimal, but the Material Design makes the device much more better and cool now. New multi-user and guest modes have arrived in this update and new notification cards on lock screen have made their way to this device as well. By updating a device like Xperia C3 to Android 5.0 Lollipop, Sony sure has done a great job.
The new update carries the build number 19.3.A.0.470 and it’s based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. The update has started hitting different regions today and will take a while to hit your region if it hasn’t so far. If you’re an Android enthusiast who can’t wait for this update to arrive through OTA or through Sony PC Companion, you may want to flash it right away using some other method. Before you start looking for a workaround here and there, we have already done it for you. In the following guide, we are going to install this latest official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with the build number 19.3.A.0.470 on our beloved Sony Xperia C3 D2533. The update isn’t available for D2502 at the time of writing this post, but as soon as it arrives, the same method will help you to update the dual SIM variant D2502 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Let’s go through the guide now and update Xperia C3 D2533 for now.
1. This is only for Sony Xperia C3 D2533/D2502
This ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this firmware on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%.
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content. If you haven’t rooted your device previously, skip this step.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
4. Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device.
Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
5. Install and setup Sony Flashtool.
You must have installed Sony Flashtool. Find the full guide here.
After installing Sony Flashtool, open the Flashtool folder from the drive where you installed it. Now open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia C3 drivers from the list. [Important]
6. Use OEM data cable to establish connection.
Make sure that you use the phone’s original data cable to establish connection between your phone and the PC. Using a different data cable might result in interrupting the firmware installation.
How To Update Sony C3 D2533/D2502 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470
Before moving forward, please make sure that you’ve read the pre requisites and ensure that you are set to go ahead.
- Download the latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470 FTF file.
- For Xperia C3 D2533/D2502 [Generic/Unbranded. Create your own FTF using this guide.
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia C3 Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia C3. Enjoy
In case you got any queries or face any problems regarding this guide, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to get WhatsApp Video Call feature right now - October 26, 2016
- Top 5 Android Lockscreen Apps 2016-2017 - October 26, 2016
- Download Smile Inc for PC (Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac) - October 24, 2016