Verizon Galaxy S5 is one of the most difficult devices to hack, because of the security installed in their system. Every update brings something new and any user who upgrade his device is sure to loose everything he had and had to wait for another month or so to get the device root access back and start installing customizations on it, the thing happens with previous versions and today we have another update for all the Verizon Galaxy S4 users. The device has received the NI2 build of Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat. The update process is made of Two steps, first one include the flashing of NHA built then we will go to OTA build, so get ready your device and follow.
Samsung has Samsung Kies to Update the device if you can’t get it directly on your device. Must Know, that you need to be on the Official Firmware to get this update. This update can be download via Samsung Kies, but the case is different here besides, my experience with Samsung Kies is way too bad, you can just check the OTA update, it will be there. But if it’s not, we have an even simple solution for you, download and flash it manually. Manual Installation is great, if you coming from a Custom ROM and possibly the only way to get back to Official ROM.
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Update Verizon Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Official Firmware.But before we begin, Make sure:
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SM-G900V.
- Do-not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
- Back-Up All your Apps: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install NHA Build:
- Download Android 4.4.4 Official Firmware for Galaxy S5 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
How To Update To OTA Build:
- Once you are updated to NHA Build, Root your device using Towel Rook: Link
- Once the device is rooted, Turn On your Wi-Fi and update to OTA build.
- That’s it, now wait for the Rooting Method.
That’s it! Your Verizon Galaxy S5 has been updated to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Firmware. Go to Settings > About To verify.
If You’re Upgrading from a Custom ROM:
If you are upgrading from a Custom ROM, you will most likely to stuck into bootloop. If this situation occurs. do the following:
- Go to Recovery. Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Up + Home button until you see some text on-screen,
- Navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Go Back and Select Wipe Cache.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016