If you only want to try Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on your Droid DNA not bounded by Verizon, without going through complex steps, the follow the link to install the CyanogenMod 12 on your device, otherwise if you want to remain Stock, then do follow the rest of the tutorial. This ROM is based on the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Google Play Edition, although the ROM is available only for the Verizon Droid DNA and developer mentioned that soon he will update the thread for the GPe Droid DNA too, till then Verizon users get to enjoy the ROM, while others wait for it.
However, this ROM requires you to update your device to the latest version available for it, in this case it should be Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat, so if you have any Custom ROM installed, make sure that either it is based on Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat or flash the Stock ROM for more ease and better chances of success. In this article, we will show you How to Update Verizon Droid DNA to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Official Firmware, before going towards the tutorial let us look at the Early Preparations.
- This is only for Verizon Droid DNA!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Root Your device & Install Custom Recovery
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is HTC in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ROM: Link
ADB Tools: Link
TWRP Recovery: Link
How To Flash the Recovery:
- Download the Recovery Image
- Rename it to recovery.img and paste it in the Fastboot folder, created in ADB guide
- Turn Off your Device
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder. How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Connect your Device with PC.
- Now Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to flash the this Recovery on your device
- Type fastboot reboot, to reboot your device
- After a proper reboot, your device will be running this Recovery
How to Install the ROM:
How To Update Verizon Droid DNA:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
Into The Recovery:
- Tap on Back-up and Tap Data, System
- Swipe the Slider to continue
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.zip select it , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016