Samsung has been releasing Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat for all of its Flagship devices, wether it is a Carrier Bounded Variant or an International versions, so far we have seen Android 4.4.4 Official Update for all the Galaxy Note 3 Variants, and it looks like Sprint Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P is alse receiving the update of Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat. As Obvious this is just a simple update, not much of the changes are seen in it, but still it is the latest version and no matter how many bugs will be seen in it, users remains stuck on it, just because it is the latest update. The update can be downloaded and install manually using any of the Samsung Supported Official Firmware Installation Tool.
Samsung has Samsung Kies to Update the device if you can’t get it directly on your device. Must Know, that you need to be on the Official Firmware to get this update. This update can be download via Samsung Kies, but my experience with Samsung Kies is way too bad, you can just check the OTA update, it will be there. But if it’s not, we have an even simple solution for you, download and flash it manually. Manual Installation is great, if you coming from a Custom ROM and possibly the only way to get back to Official ROM.
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Update Sprint Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Official Firmware. But before we begin, Make sure:
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SM-N900P.
- Do-not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
- Back-Up All your Apps: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is SAMSUNG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install It.
- Download Android 4.4.4 Official Firmware for Galaxy Note 3 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P has been updated to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Firmware. Go to Settings > About To verify.
If You’re Upgrading from a Custom ROM:
If you are upgrading from a Custom ROM, you will most likely to stuck into bootloop. If this situation occurs. do the following:
- Go to Recovery. Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Up + Home button until you see some text on-screen,
- Navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Go Back and Select Wipe Cache.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016