The Wait is over and the News is here, Xperia Z2 Tablet has recently received the update of CM 11 Nightly, based on Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat. The Xperia Z2 Tablet is not a High-end device and not even at the level of a Low-end device that it should be ignored, after all it is named after Sony best smartphone ever. CM 11 has been released for both the Wi-Fi version and GSM version. As we all know, CM 11 is based on Stock Android and has noting more than some necessary apps, you have to flash the Google apps separately to use them. Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet has enough power and specs to run such ROM and not just run, CM 11 will run smoothly on your device. Since this is the nightly release, you’ll keep getting the updates every day until the final version is available. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Sony but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
In this Article, we will show you How To Update Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat via CM 11 Nightly ROM But before we begin, make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is C6902, C6903, C6906.
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Sony Devices: Link
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: Link
- Root Your Device: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Sony in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Google Apps: Link
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Turn it ON again. When the phone is powering up, as soon as the green LED turns on, press Volume Up for CWM Recovery
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the CM 11.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Go back and Flash Google Apps
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the CM11.zip, Google Apps and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That is it! Just wait for almost 5-minutes, you’ll find your Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet running Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat CM 11 ROM, Go to Settings > About to verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016