Sony’s latest flagship has waged the war against the flagships of other Smartphone Giants, sporting a 5 inch Full HD display with 441 ppi, a 20.7 MP camera having 1/2.3 inches sensor size at the back, that gives the phone the credit of having the world’s best camera, a 2.1 MP camera sensor is fixed on the front. To power up the device, Sony has used Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 Quad Core CPU clocked at 2.2 GHz with Adreno 330 GPU. A RAM of 2GB is set inside as well while under the hood it has a massive 3000 mAh battery that outdates all other Xperia devices. Out of the box, Xperia Z1 runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Sony announced its plans to update some of its devices to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and Android 4.4 KitKat, and finally Jelly Bean update has arrived. The update has arrived with a lot of bug fixes, performance enhancements, stability and some new features added, one of the major bugs, the broken camera upon unlocking the bootloader has been fixed. Xperia Z1’s bootloader can now be unlocked without causing any damage to the phone’s hardware.
Are you waiting to receive the OTA update for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia Z1 and still can’t find any chances? Well, In case you still don’t know, Sony has updated Xperia Z1 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware, the update is on a slow roll out and reaching different regions, while it may take some time to hit your region, we have the complete guide to update it to the latest and greatest version of Android manually right here for you.
As Xperia Z1 devices are branded under different variants, We’ll be having a look at the method for C6902. You may also find the update methods for other Models on our site as well. Before we head towards the method, here are some pre requisites and some pre cautions.
- As mentioned, this firmware is only for Xperia Z1 C6902. Do not try this on any other phone, that may result in bricking your device. Check your device’s model number in Settings > About device.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool. Find the full guide here.
- After installing Sony Flashtool, open the Flashtool folder from the drive where you installed it.
- Now open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia Z1 drivers from the list. [Important]
- Your phone must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
- Make sure that you back up all your important media content, contacts, call logs and text messages. This is highly recommended and important in case something goes wrong during the flashing process or in case you select the data wipe option before flashing. You can easily restore whenever you need.
- To flash this firmware, you do not need to root your device, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. All you need is, your device must be the one mentioned and must be running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- Download the firmware file properly.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC. Using any other data cable might cause connection problems.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
For other Xperia Z1 variants, Check out:
- Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 Firmware on Sony Xperia Z1 C6903
- How to Update Sony Xperia Z1 C6943 to Latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 Firmware
- Update Sony Xperia Z1 C6906 to Latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 Firmware
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 on Xperia Z1 C6902:
- Before moving forward, please make sure that you’ve read the pre requisites and ensure that you are set to go ahead.
- Download the latest firmware Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 FTF file.
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia Z1, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia Z1 C6902. Enjoy!
In case you got any queries, suggestions or you face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us a message. We will try our best to sort it out. Thanks All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Price and Release Date - March 29, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Official Images - March 29, 2017
- Clash of Titans: Galaxy S8 vs Galaxy S8 Plus vs LG G6 vs XZ Premium vs P10 Plus - March 29, 2017