Sony just rolled out the latest and greatest Android update for its original Xperia Z. The device is now updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, the new build number is 10.7.A.0.222. This new firmware brings some performance enhancements and bug fixes. Android 5.1.1 Lollipop includes a new UI according to Google’s Material Design. New Notifications on lock screen and other application enhancements. Earlier, the device was updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, but as Sony promised, it rolled out Android 5.1.1 2 days ago. The new firmware is now rolling out through OTA or through Sony PC Companion, but if you haven’t got this update yet, you can also update your device using the guide available on our site.
Android power users, who updated their device to this latest firmware, they must have experienced the loss of root access. In order to gain the root access again, you’ve to go through a little different process as no straight forward methods work on Android Lollipop. As requested by our loyal users, we are going to show you the step-by-step method to root your Xperia Z C6602, C6603 running latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 10.7.A.0.222 firmware. You will also get CWM & TWRP recovery on your phone running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Steps For Rooting Xperia Z C6602, C6603 10.7.A.0.222 Firmware
1. Downgrade to .283 Firmware and Root It
- If you have already updated your smartphone to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, then you have to downgrade your device to KitKat OS and Root it.
- Use this guide to Install .283 firmware.
- Root using this guide.
- Now you have to Install XZ Dual Recovery (Steps below).
- Now phone is rooted, USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Download latest installer for Xperia Z from here. (Z-lockeddualrecovery2.8.xx-RELEASE.installer.zip)
- Connect phone to PC using OEM date cable and run install.bat.
- It will install the custom recovery.
- Now work here is done. Lets move on to next step.
2. Make A Pre-Rooted Flashable Firmware For 10.7.A.0.222 FTF
- Download latest 10.7.A.0.222 FTF.
- Now create a Pre-Rooted flashable firmware using this guide: How To Create Sony Xperia Pre-Rooted Firmware With PRF Creator.
- Just in case you do not want to create your own pre-rooted FTF, you can also download the ready made pre-rooted firmware using the links attached below.
- Now copy the pre-rooted firmware.zip file to the internal or external storage of your Xperia Z.
3. Root and Install Recovery on Z C6603, C6602 5.1.1 10.7.A.0.222 Lollipop Firmware
- Custom recovery was installed in the first step.
- The pre-rooted firmware was created and copied to phone in next step.
- Now you have to turn off phone.
- Turn it on again and press volume up or down to enter either TWRP or CWM recovery.
- Now for TWRP recovery, tap Install > scroll all the way to bottom and select the copied pre-rooted firmware.zip file.
- After selecting the file, swipe finger from left to right on the bottom to flash.
- Once flashed, reboot your device and you will have pre-rooted 10.7.A.0.222 Lollipop firmware.
- For CWM, select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > locate pre-rooted firmware.zip file > select yes to flash.
- Once flashed, reboot your phone and you will have 10.7.A.0.222 rooted Lollipop firmware.
- Now verify root access using an app like Root Checker.
- That’s all.
Stuck with something? Reach us out through the comment box below. We would love to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016