Sony released a new firmware for Xperia V, the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based on build number 9.2.A.2.5 a few days ago. The new firmware packs up minor bug fixes, the user experience has been enhanced and the OS of the device is even more smooth now. Besides this, the battery performance of Xperia V is way better after getting this update. As usual, this update is on a slow roll out through Sony PC Companion or through OTA and will reach different regions around the world on its time, but if you happen to be an Android enthusiast and you can’t wait for the OTA to reach you, you may be looking out for something helpful at the moment, and that’s what exactly we are here for.
We will be installing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.2.5 firmware on Sony Xperia V LT25i manually using the Sony Flashtool in a while. The firmware is official, you do not need to worry about anything, nor you need to make any tweaks to your device. All you need to do for now is to read this guide carefully and update your device to the latest firmware without any hiccups here and there.
Here are some important installation instructions:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia V LT25i. Please check your device model first in Settings > About Device > Model.
- You must have installed Sony Flashtool – Get the full guide here. Also Install drivers using Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers > Flashmode, Xperia V, Fastboot, select all these and install.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the process.
- Flashing this firmware will wipe all your apps, apps data, system data, contacts, call logs & messages. It will not wipe the internal storage (media) data. Proceed after you’ve backed up, in the next step the guides are linked in.
- Make sure that you backup your media content,contacts, call logs and text messages. This is important and recommended so that in case you decide to wipe your phone during the flashing process, you can get all of your data back using the backup.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, tap settings>developer options>USB debugging. If you can’t find developer options in settings, then tap settings > about device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you’ll get em’ activated under settings.
- To flash this firmware, you do not need to root your device, you do not need to unlock the bootloader. All you need is, your device must be the one mentioned and must be running on Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- Download the firmware file properly.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your PC. Using any other data cable might cause connection problems.
- You need enough confidence to perform this custom method.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter in order to prevent any mishap.
How to Install Android 4.3 9.2.A.2.5 Official Firmware on Xperia V LT25i:
- Download Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.2.5 Firmware for Xperia V LT25i [Unbranded / Generic ]
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia V LT25i, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia V Enjoy.
That’s all. In case you got any queries, feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know about it. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S6/S6 Edge issues after Android Nougat update - March 24, 2017
- How To Install Super Mario Run on Android - March 23, 2017