Not only the CM 11 team but also FreeXperia project team has also contributed in this ROM to make it smooth and stable for all the Xperia V users. It doesn’t look like that Sony will release Android 4.4 Kit-Kat for this device, so this is where CM 11 comes in handy. CM 11 is based on pure Android 4.4 Kit-Kat along with many Mods and customization options especially the Theme Engine. If you own an Xperia SP and it is rooted, do try this ROM on it OR If you are interested in other ROMs, you can visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Sony Xperia V to CM11 Android 4.4.2 by following our Tutorial.This is not an official release from Sony, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain.: “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issuesand bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Android 4.2.2 CM11 On Sony Xperia V.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged battery.
- Back-up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Sony in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest Custom Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Sony Xperia V LT25i.
All read and Ready, let’s head towards the Installation Tutorial to see How to install this ROM on your Sony Xperia V.
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install Android 4.2.2 CM 11 On Sony Xperia V. But let me remind you again, ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
- Download Android 4.2.2 CM11: Link
- Sony USB Drivers: Link
- USB Debugging is enable, go-to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Download Google Apps: Link
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Switch OFF the phone and turn it ON again. When the phone is powering up, as soon as the green LEDturns on, press Volume Up for CWM Recovery.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.2.2 CM11.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the Installation, go back and Flash Google Apps.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.2.2 CM11 and Google Apps , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your Sony Xperia V LT25i will be running Android 4.2.2 CM11 Custom ROM. Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016