Enigma is also one of the popular custom ROMs for Sony Xperia P. The ROM focuses on improving the performance of the device, enhancing the battery life, much responsive and is loaded with tons of features to add charm to your device’s working and functionality. Enigma’s current available version is v6.4 and is based on stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Xperia P. The stock-based nature of this ROM helps it to reduce the bugs and work at its best.
Those of the Android enthusiasts looking out to play with their Xperia P may want to install this custom ROM on their device. If you’ve been looking for it, you’ve spotted the right place at the moment. We are going to install Enigma v6.4 Android 4.1.2 JB Custom ROM on Sony Xperia P in a few minutes. All you need is, follow this guide carefully and get it done successfully.
Pre-Installation Instrcutions for Enigma v6.4 ROM:
- Make sure that your phone is Xperia P Lt22i. Do not try this on any other phone.
- Your device must have a working CWM recovery or kernel installed. Follow our CWM 6 installation guide.
- Please make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the recovery flashing process.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Backup your current system using a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) if you’ve flashed one. This is recommended in case something goes wrong with rooting your phone, you can use the custom recovery and return to the old working state of your system.
- Make sure that you read the instructions carefully and applied all precautionary measures. Let’s go ahead.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SONY in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
How To Install Andorid 4.1.2 Enigma v6.4 on Xperia P:
- Make sure that you’ve installed CWM Recovery using the guide we linked above.
- Download Enigma v6.3 Revision XP.zip file and save it to your phone’s SDcard.
- Now boot into CWM recovery on your phone. To do so, turn off your device completely first.
- Now turn it on, as soon as you see the Pink LED, press Volume Up key and it should take you to recovery.
- In CWM recovery, mount system and data if it’s not mounted. Ignore if it’s mounted already.
- Now select “Install > Chose Zip from SDcard > Engima_v6.3_Revision_XP.zip > Yes”.
- Proceed and complete the ROM installation.
- Once installation is done, reboot your device and setup the mods and addons you want.
- Now download Enigma v6.4 update.zip file and copy it to your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into CWM recovery using the method in step 3 and 4.
- Now in CWM recovery select “Install > Chose Zip from SDcard > Enigma Update.zip > Yes”.
- Proceed and complete the installation and reboot.
- You’ve the v6.4 installed now.
- That’s all.
If the ROM has impressed you, don’t forget to buy the developer a beer in order to support his hardwork. Thanks all!