I’ve always been a fan of stock based custom ROMs, the only reason is, stock firmware based custom ROMs are modified for the best performance results at an extremely great level. These ROMs are usually bug free and also loaded with tons of features and mods that make your device fly high having the greatly modified firmware running on-board. While spending some time in the development threads for Xperia P, I collected several custom ROMs, and the one sitting atop is JB MoonBreaker.
JB MoonBreaker’s current version is v3.5, the ROM is based on stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 6.2.A.1.100 firmware. The ROM sports UI features from Xperia ZU, comes with Adblocker and is also pre-rooted. The list of features doesn’t stop here, we’ll be going through em’ as we move forward. In the following post we are going to install JB MoonBreaker v3.5 custom ROM on Sony Xperia P LT22i. Those of you looking for the guide, follow it carefully in order to get it done successfully. Let’s start with the ROMs features.
Pre-Installation Instrcutions for JB MoonBreaker v3.5 ROM:
- Make sure that your phone is Xperia P Lt22i. Do not try this on any other phone.
- Your device must have a working CWM recovery or kernel installed. Follow our CWM 6 installation guide.
- Please make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the recovery flashing process.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Backup your current system using a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) if you’ve flashed one. This is recommended in case something goes wrong with rooting your phone, you can use the custom recovery and return to the old working state of your system.
- Make sure that you read the instructions carefully and applied all precautionary measures. Let’s go ahead.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SONY in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
How To Install Andorid 4.1.2 JB MoonBreaker v3.5 on Xperia P:
- Make sure that you’ve installed CWM Recovery using the guide we linked above.
- Download JB_MoonBreaker_ROM.zip file and save it to your phone’s SDcard.
- Now boot into CWM recovery on your phone. To do so, turn off your device completely first.
- Now turn it on, as soon as you see the Pink LED, press Volume Up key and it should take you to recovery.
- In CWM recovery, mount system and data if it’s not mounted. Ignore if it’s mounted already.
- Now select “Install > Chose Zip from SDcard > JB_MoonBreaker_ROM.zip > Yes”.
- Proceed and complete the ROM installation.
- Once installation is done, reboot your device and setup the mods and addons you want.
- That’s all.
If the ROM has impressed you, don’t forget to buy the developer a beer in order to support his hardwork. Thanks all!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download LG G6 Stock Wallpapers - February 26, 2017
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017
- How to install Google Play Store on Chinese OnePlus phones - February 25, 2017